Welcome

First off THANK YOU for taking the time out to check out my blog. There should be something for everyone so find what fits then wear it around proudly.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Master Class: Maya Angelou


As it is apparent, I write poetry. With that, I would not go as far as saying that I am a poet, as the poets that I love, appreciate, and most importanly respect I hold so much higher than I would myself. It is in that special place, where I hold Maya Angelou. Respected poet, writer, teacher, loved friend, and mother. I had the opportunity to watch the Master Class episode featuring her and I was not only thoroughly entertained, but found myself asking questions about her that related back to one of my family members.

When Maya Angelou talks, people listen. Not only because of her credibility, her status, but more importantly her tone. She has a low, melodic, almost man-like tone to her voice. Her somber voice captures you as your heart tells you that what she's saying is of importance in your life, you just don't know it yet. Listening to her talk about her life experiences I began to visualize her as my grandmother. The comparisons grew slowly, but as the show went on I continued to feel the spirit of m grandmother radiating through the television. The skin tone. Hair color. Red lipstick. Black attire, and sweet voice comforted me the same way my grandmother would. Having lost my grandmother roughly six years ago, it was amazing to watch Ms. Angelou talk, and see her transform into my "Granny Doll".

I recommend that everyone if given the chance to should watch this Master Class. Her insight is refreshing, her message is clear, and her words are motivational. She holds so much power in words, and rightfully so. The way she expresses how powerful one's words are is incredible to listen to. I recommend that every watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment