Welcome

First off THANK YOU for taking the time out to check out my blog. There should be something for everyone so find what fits then wear it around proudly.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Top 5 Favorite shoes to hoop in

5. Jordan Spizike
I think I love hooping in these shoes so much because it has components of some of my favorite Jordans'. It has pieces from the III's, IV's, and V's which are all Jordan's that I love and are comfortable enough to hoop in, but have individual issues. This shoe has taken the traction of the III, the comfort of the IV, and paired it with the shape of the VI. A complete win in my opinion.

4. Jordan VIII
These shoes are hella comfortable, and have incredible stability mainly because of the overlapping straps. These shoes were meant for the playoffs, as they don't take long to break in, and seem to mold around your feet fairly quickly. The traction on these are great indoors and the shoe is very responsive because of that. Can't go wrong with these Jordans.

3. Adidas Crazy 8
I've been a Nike or Jordan hoop shoe type of guy my entire life, so when I went to the Adidas store out in Marysville I was a little skeptical to get these. I was always a fan of the design, though the shoe look really cluncky. I will be honest, this shoe takes a few wears to break in, and those wears can be pretty painful, but once you break them in they're great. There is an added amount of cushion around the ankle area to add extra comfort and support as you lace up tight. The traction on these are awesome, as the unique shape of the bottoms of the shoe doesn't collect much dust on the court. Now that I'm seeing Adidas coming out with new colorways of this shoe, I might have to copp a new pair.

2. Nike Hyperdunk
Easily the lightest shoe I've ever played basketball in, which isn't saying much as it's only been recently that shoes are trying to shave weight like prize fighters when it comes to their shoes. What I will say about this shoe is that there is no break in period, and honestly your first or second wear will be unbelieveable. The ankle support is great, the shoe is very responsive to cuts and movements even though it doesn't have much material. The one thing that I wish was better on this shoe was the traction. These shoes collect dust on the court like brooms and I would find myself constantly wiping off my shoes to regain traction. What I do love though, is that after a series of games in this shoe, your feet feel wonderful as your first couple wears are pillow like with this shoe.

1. Nike Hurache 2K4
Take everything that I said about every single shoe, and throw it into one shoe, and voila you'll have the Nike Hurache 2K4. Though this shoe is my favorite (went through two pairs), it does come with it's own set of issues. The only issue I ran into with this shoe was the traction, as the grooves for this shoe are really narrow which collects a solid amount of dust. But put these bad boys on a swept court and you've got one of the most responsive sneakers in the game. The strap adds addition ankle support which is great, the screen on the outside ankle makes this shoe very breathable which is necessary during those long days of hooping. The cushioning is awesome, as it takes many wears for the cushioning to go out in the soles of these shoes. There are a number of colorways, designs, and even NikeID opportunities with this shoe, so the look of it is endless. Hands down my favorite pair and will probably order a custom pair from Nikeid.com real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment