Welcome

First off THANK YOU for taking the time out to check out my blog. There should be something for everyone so find what fits then wear it around proudly.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

"Bleached Speech"

They treat me as if I drank a quarter cup of bleach
Taunted for pernouncing all the syllables in my speech
I reply back that it is that speaking ability that'll have your job in my reach
Becomes I'm dark enough to relate to those who taunt me
Affirmative action to those who flaunt me
Stuck in the middle at times thinking "who really wants me?"
Clorox or any other kind of bleach could be the reason
For years of internal pleading with one self
Why is it that I can't just sound like myself
Without being treated like I'm not black enough
I grew up with my father gone and rough
Does that make me black enough?
We heated the house with the stove at times
Is that tough enough?
I went to a school you needed to be chosen into
I guess that makes me white because of the school I'd go to
The people I used to hang out with
But I was still in the hood at these times
I just wasnt in the hood at these times WITH you
I am treated like those that taunt me in certain places
Then taunted by those they think I am in another instance
Bleach my insides and show me that I'm white
Because the way I pernounce words sounds white
Well to me it sounds right
Or treat me like the other side who only see the color on the outside
I just sound educated to them, but I'm cooked on the inside
Bleach my insides and show me how white I am
When I can go somewhere else and all they do is remind me of how black I am

One cup

Two cups

Three cups of bleach

I dress white
I act white
I've gained their speech

One minute

Two minutes

Three minutes of cook time

I act black
I walk ghetto
I must be hood because I grew up on the south side.
Twist and turns false and fate
I drink a cup of bleach
As it cooks my insides
Wondering how at 23 years old how can I relate?

No comments:

Post a Comment