Welcome

First off THANK YOU for taking the time out to check out my blog. There should be something for everyone so find what fits then wear it around proudly.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

"A Year 2 Forget"

Dear "The year that's now passing away"
Will soon be a memory "back in 2009" we'll now say
I want you know, that you put me in a hole
And the hole only got deeper as I continued to try to grow
I felt like the home team taking loss after loss on the road
Constant beatdown from the outside
Affecting how I felt on the inside
But I can't hide because I'm not the team playing at home
Face my fears head on, now allow me to go...
It was tragic waking up around 5
Listening to "that tone" in my Moms' voice
The same tone when she told me my Grandmother had died
There was only one choice
She told me my father no longer had life
I went back to sleep thinking it wasnt real
I woke back up and it felt unreal how I was filling so ill
As i thought there on my bed and allowed the tears to spill
2009 how could you take him from me like that?
Just when we were getting our father-son relationship back
So I was put on a plane on my way back to the last place I wanted to be at
But I learned that there was a reason you sent me back
Sleep once again when I awake to one of my friends
In my room asking where his suit is
Then he told me his father had just died, 2009 how can you do this?
Ruthless
Nothing but aggression as I'm stressin over one question
No answer
Fuck sickness, fuck addiction, fuck cancer
2009 was the problem and 2009 had no answers
Moving on
Dealing with my loss, trying to keep my grades right
My bestfriend tells me 2009 took his grandpops life
And even though his was an older man
So many people are dying, and I just don't understand
But I continue to deal with these L's as best I can
The summer comes
And it was the break I so desperately needed
Had two jobs, so six days a week I'm working, summer is grind season
But I learned so much from this season I will take with me for the rest of my life
Like appreciating life even if you're not quite like
Everyone else, your personality allows you to be someone special
Tryin to do it right while the sun is bright
And who would have guessed the temp
Seattle got me bent thinking that I can survive, let alone work
When I can cook an egg on it's Earth, 103 degrees are you being forreal?
I might slap the first person who tells me "to chill"
Nigga I'm trying like everybody else is
But at night trying to go to sleep, no AC feeling helpless
Hotel rooms sold out, just keep your windows open
So many cars smokin
And as the honeymoon has run its course and it's time for me to leave
Money continues to be an issue for me
I'm told that if I don't pay then there is no place for me to stay
Barry what are you trying to tell me?
That as a returning Senior there's no place you can put me?
Scratching, clawing, and pleading for a place to stay
Living out my bag, going from bed to couch to bed again
Thank God for my closest friends
Because Barry was bending me backwards, then I gave you your money
Now I have a place to stay, bastards, spoiled honey
So after the hardest semester I've been through in my life
And I come home to winter weather just right
And look back at the year that was 2009
I wanna say fuck you year
Because you're gone, but you will always be in the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment